Sustainability is an important part of Hermanson's work and our approach to our projects. We are currently the one of a small number of Mechanical Contractors who have completed both a LEED® Platinum building (University of Washington Tacoma Joy Building) and an occupied Living Building Challenge Building (The Bertschi School Living Science Building). Because sustainability isn't just for today, but also for the future, we support both the application of energy conserving technologies and water conservation.
Hermanson not only designs for and encourages conservation, we live it - as we modified our own facilities over the past few years we have installed water conserving plumbing fixtures, drought resistant landscaping, low-energy lighting, and highly energy efficient mechanical systems and controls.
Hermanson's LEED® Certified projects also include:
- Seattle Center Fifth Avenue Parking Garage – Gold
- George F. Russell Hall – Gold
- Bellevue College Science & Technology Building – Gold
- Fifth & Madison Tower – Gold (Design)
- Casey Family Foundation Headquarters – Gold
- Showare Special Events Center – Gold
- Ft. Lewis FY05 Whole Barracks Renewal – Gold
- Ft. Lewis Army Growth Center - Silver
- Ft. Lewis FY04 Whole Barracks Renewal - Silver
- Ft. Lewis FY07 Whole Barracks / Stryker Brigade - Silver
- Expedia Tenant Improvements / Tower 333 - Silver
- Multicare Tacoma General Hospital Emergency Department Expansion - Silver